Losing weight and having a healthier lifestyle are usually top picks for New Year’s Resolutions. Drinking more water can help. People who drink enough water accelerate their metabolisms and help prevent overeating. A scientific study found that people who drank 17 ounces of cold water saw up to a 30 percent increase in their metabolic rate for nearly an hour and a half. Our bodies expend more energy digesting cold foods and beverages. Drinking water helps people maintain a healthy weight because thirst is often mistaken for hunger. One study found that drinking one glass of water before bed squelched the midnight hunger pangs of 100 percent of its participants.
The National Institute of Health recommends drinking a glass of water before eating as a "healthy eating habit". Scientists at the 240th National Meeting of the American Chemical Society were told that people who drank two 250ml glasses of water before each main meal ate between 75 and 90 fewer calories during that meal. It's a fairly simple science, according to study author Brenda Davy.
The "water diet" is most likely effective because it fills the stomach up with a zero-calorie substance. "We found that over the course of 12 weeks, dieters who drank water before meals, three times per day, lost about five pounds more than dieters who did not increase their water intake," she said. "People should drink more water and less sugary, high-calorie drinks.”
How do you use Your Kinetico System?
- Enjoy a delicious cup of coffee or tea made with pure Kinetico water
- Have a bowl of oatmeal (cooked with healthy Kinetico water) and fresh berries (rinsed in Kinetico water)
- Don’t forget to take your vitamins, washed down with a cool, refreshing glass of Kinetico water
- Wash a load of towels in Kinetico soft water, noticing how soft and fluffy they come out
- Feed the dog and don’t forget a bowl of Kinetico water for Fido
- Munch on a crisp, green salad (rinsed in Kinetico water)
- Wash the car…no hard water spots thanks to Kinetico soft water
- Bake a batch of cookies (with Kinetico water)
- Enjoy a bowl of pasta (cooked in Kinetico water) and lemonade or iced tea with pure ice cubes, thanks to Kinetico water
- Wash the dishes, using less soap since you have Kinetico soft water
- Steal some time for yourself in a luxurious, hot bubble bath (extra bubbly thanks to Kinetico soft water)
- Notice how smooth and sleek your skin and hair feel
- Don’t forget to brush your teeth…in pristine Kinetico water of course!